Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Drafts, reviews and negotiates material transfer agreements (MTA): for the outbound transfer of Hospital-owned technologies to other individuals and entities including e.g. non-profit and for-profit organizations for use in research and for the in-bound receipt of materials and technology from such organizations for the Hospital’s research.
2. Drafts, reviews and negotiates confidentiality agreements (CDA), needed to protect Hospital’stechnologiesandtoeffect business discussions, technology transfer, help further the goal of translating Hospital inventions into useful products to benefit the public and build Hospital corporate relations.
3. Acquires and maintains knowledge of (a) Hospital's policies and procedures applicable to material transfer agreements and intellectual property, (b) applicable Harvard faculty policies and, (c) other academic and professional standards for the conduct and administration of material transfers.
4. Maintains effective working relationships with Hospital employees, the Harvard Medical School faculty, affiliated hospitals, universities and for-profit corporations worldwide with respect to negotiating CDAs and MTAs.
5. Participates in developing procedures, databases, and materials to enhance and facilitation, efficiency, and effectiveness of the Hospital's technology transfer function.
6. Participates in professional organizations and related forums to acquire and share up to date information, trends and practices regarding MTAs and CDAs.
7. Enters information into computer databases. Transfers data onto online reporting system.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree required with preference for advanced law and/or Life Sciences degree,
1-2 years of experience in Life Sciences
preferred or research strongly preferred.
Work requires the analytical skills to resolve highly complex problems requiring the application of scientific or technical principles, theoriesand conceptsandin depth, experienced based cross functional knowledge.
Work requires excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to present information precisely, review legal concepts with applicable legal and non-legal parties, and persuade and negotiate with others on important matters.
Work requires a bias for action,andability to prioritize and handle a large volume of agreements in negotiation simultaneously.
Work requires strong organization skills
To learn more and apply, click here.