Ohana is seeking an innovative and motivated scientist with experience with cell biology techniques to play a vital role in driving cutting-edge scientific discovery in reproductive medicine. Experience with designing novel experimental strategies to address challenging questions is necessary, as is demonstrated technical expertise in multiple cell biology and biochemistry techniques including flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, and plate-based assays. Experience with validating assays for testing clinical samples is a plus. At Ohana Biosciences, the individual will have wide-ranging responsibilities and tremendous opportunities within a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly interdisciplinary, and collaborative team.
Ohana is pioneering a new frontier in reproductive medicine. Built upon a world-leading understanding of sperm biology, Ohana has created a best-in-class proprietary platform with broad applications across reproductive medicine. Ohana is developing field defining new products to improve sperm quality and function to address infertility, prevent inherited disease, and produce a long-acting, reversible, non-hormonal male contraceptive.
What You’ll Do
· Develop and validate assays for testing clinical samples to support fertility and contraceptive program
· Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development
· Serve as a key contributor to the discovery and development of new technologies in reproductive medicine
What Skills You’ll Bring
· Ph.D in cell biology or related field such as biochemistry or immunology, or M.S. degree with 10+ years of lab experience, preferably in bio-pharmaceutical industry
· Demonstrated expertise designing, planning and executing cell biology techniques, including assay development, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, and plate-based assays, and troubleshooting in challenging systems
· Experience with biomarker assay validation for clinical testing
· Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary project teams
· Experience in training, managing, or mentoring junior scientists
What We’ll Offer You
· Daily on-site snacks, coffee, and Bevi, as well as monthly catered lunches.
· Comprehensive, competitive healthcare (PPO) and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, and vision coverage through VSP.
· Life insurance and disability through USAble Life.
· A 401K retirement plan.
· 15 days vacation and 5 sick days per year, as well as 10 company-paid holidays.
Why Join Ohana Biosciences
Based in Cambridge, MA, Ohana is a venture-funded early-stage startup founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2015 through its venture creation engine, which founded over 40+ breakthrough companies including Seres Therapeutics, Agios, Rubius, Moderna, Editas, Denali and Codiak.
Ohana Biosciences is revolutionizing male reproductive medicine with a world-leading understanding of sperm biology through rigorous science. We will responsibly develop technologies that:
· Prevent inherited disease;
· Deliver a highly effective, safe, reversible, non-hormonal contraceptive; and
· Treat male infertility, traditionally ignored but responsible for half of infertility issues.
We strive to maximize access to our treatments that address the broad reproductive needs of individuals and families.
Our enthusiasm, ambition, drive, and creativity, coupled with our unique blend of innovation, basic biology and business focus, creates an exciting entrepreneurial environment set to disrupt an area of medicine in need of substantial improvement for patients.
If you are interested in joining Ohana, pleasecheck out our website www.ohanabio.com.